Is MMS finally coming to the iPhone? That's the word on the street. Apple Insider has posted an article today that says:
"Wireless carrier AT&T began sending out text messages this week letting iPhone users know that multimedia messaging capabilities will be available on Friday, Sept. 25. The free message sent from AT&T to subscribers reaffirms the Friday launch date announced weeks ago for the iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS. Original iPhone users will not be able to use MMS functionality."
This is exciting news if it's true. (I haven't received my text message yet from AT&T telling me that.) It would be great to finally be able to send picture and video texts.
Heck, it would be great to send regular texts and receive phone calls and voice messages, too. For the last week, I've been having all kinds of service issues. I can barely receive and send text messages. For at least a day, my phone wouldn't ring when I would get calls. I didn't find out I had voice messages or missed calls until the next morning. I know other iPhone users who are experiencing similar problems. I guess Apple is advising my friends to just power down and restart their phones. Hmm. That doesn't really sound like a long-term solution to me.
Contrary to what this sounds like, the honeymoon with my iPhone is not over. I love the actual phone and all of the great apps. I really, really love it. It's AT&T service that's driving me nuts. I can't wait until other cell phone companies get to offer iPhones!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I feel your pain.... Waiting to T-Mobile to fully support the iPhone (perhaps now that O2 in Europe has a deal, this may follow).
ReplyDelete