I can't tell you how long I've been waiting for the new iPhone to come out! I was going to buy one when my cell phone contract was up a month ago, but friends told me to wait for the new one. So I am.I really want to be able to check e-mail, browse the Web, use cool apps, post to Twitter, Facebook and the blog even, and maybe even do a little shopping--all while walking down the street. About the only things I can do now on my two-year-old LG phone are make and receive calls and send text and picture messages. Big deal, right?
The new iPhone seems to offer it all and then some. But I'm a little nervous because I've heard some people complain of problems with reception and service--inability sometimes to receive calls, retrieve voice messages and even some text messages. According to one user, it would take at least six hours to charge, and during that time, you can't just plug it in and call back while it it's charging.
Still, I want the new iPhone. It's beautiful, and I don't think I'll experience any problems with it. It allows you to do so much. My Internet marketing instructor told us that micropayments will be a feature of the new iPhone and iTouch. "The ability for someone to purchase off your app is huge," he told our class. "Apple is definitely ahead of the competition on this." Apple gets 30 percent off of each transaction, which is really huge, but companies don't mind paying it. They know they'd be lucky to sell any apps if people had to punch in their credit card info every time they wanted to buy one. Other platforms don't offer this.
I just read on Mashable.com today that Wolfram Alpha, the computational search engine I wrote about on May 18, "... has added an iPhone optimized interface that lets you conduct queries and browse some of Wolfram’s other main features, like sample inputs and its 'visual gallery of examples.'" Another reason to love it!
"The iPhone is awesome," said another friend who got the lowdown on the new iPhone during some training that she had at the Apple's Michigan Avenue store in Chicago this week. "You can even edit videos with it. Damn, that's cool."
Did I mention that I have a birthday coming up. The new iPhone would make an awesome gift!
Have a great weekend everybody!
I like the ending part. Hapy birthday Ruhan. I am sure that someone who loves you will buy you one.
ReplyDeleteThanks Mike. I'm glad you're reading the blog. It was fun working with you in class. Have a great summer!
ReplyDelete